Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hell Phones

Cell phones can be useful during times of emergencies, when you're away from home, and a few other scenarios: I get that. Although cell phones have become so vital in today's society (most people can't live without their phone for a day), I'd rather go back to the days when everyone had a house phone with an answering machine. Here are the main reasons why:

You talkin to me?
I hate it when someone has a bluetooth headset in their ear that I can't see. You look stupid talking out loud without a phone to your ear and I look stupid responding to everything you say when you're not even talking to me. I also hate the plug-in headsets that make people look like telemarketers.

Its a cell phone, not a tracking device
Don't call me every five minutes trying to figure out where I am and what I'm doing. Only in the case of a parent looking for their child(ren) is it okay to monitor someones location.

I do have a life, you know
How many times have you gotten cursed out, or cursed someone out over a missed call? Just because you call or text me doesn't mean I have to respond immediately. If I didn't answer the phone or text back, its because I'm not available- often by choice. I can't stand it when people act like the world has ended because you didn't answer within five seconds.

When did you become a Private Investigator? Paparazzi? Journalist?
I was watching the news the other day, and they had a story about a bear that was running wild downtown. The video shows the bear rummaging through garbage bins and people are following the damn bear like idiots trying to record it. Maybe I'm the crazy bitch, but I'm not about to risk my life just to get a picture or video. I do like watching the fight videos, though. [Shout out to worldstarhiphop.com.]

Relationship Sabotage
Trust is often destroyed by cell phones. Put a security code on your phone and see if your significant other doesn't look at you like you have something to hide. If you don't have password protection on your cell, it becomes bait for an insecure partner to snoop. That means going through your call log, text messages, contacts, email, facebook, twitter, picture gallery, etc. They even have software that allows access to deleted content. Chile...

No comments:

Post a Comment